Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Ants Go Marching One by One...Million


So apparently we are not the only tenants of the The Copa.  Meet our new roommate, the Ghost Ant. 


I discovered our little friends one day as I was getting a glass of water and something caught the corner of my eye.  I looked down at the counter-top and suddenly realized that the whole counter-top was moving.  It was disconcerting, to say the least.  Apparently, the Ghost Ant is aptly named for its ability to spontaneously appear.  Huh. 

As far as roommates go, I’ve had a few that were worse, but not many.  The Ghost Ant came in uninvited, threw a kegger in my kitchen, invited 10,000 of his closest relatives, and doesn’t seem to get that the party is long over. 

I scrubbed the counter and everything touching the counter with 409, and rewashed every dish in the cupboards.  Feeling confident in my natural pest extermination abilities, I jumped into the shower to wash what felt like tiny little bugs all over my body and especially in my hair (completely my crazy mind's hallucinations).  Got out feeling much better and marched into the kitchen for a snack.  I immediately discovered that those damn ants were ALL OVER  the counters and tea pot and toaster and…..  I was not happy.  So repeat above scenario with concentrated bleach, and shower again, and they came back again.  WHY WON’T YOU DIE!!??.

But I’m on to them now.  After studying them for hours (because I was too paranoid to sleep), I have discovered some of their invisible trails, and strategically placed the most toxic ant-bait money could buy.  Now they have a little sugary sweet present to munch upon and share with their 500,000 friends, and then they will DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!! (Cue Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog)

So we got that going for us…..

No comments:

Post a Comment